Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Last Three Weeks

Life is always crazy, but, well, it's been more so lately.

Here's how...
  • hosting 225 kids at our church's four-day VBS
  • putting the Church back to rights after VBS
  • writing thank you notes to the 137 volunteers
  • hauling thirty 4th, 5th and 6th graders to read to young kids at a local summer school and then taking them for pizza. (I have a not-so-secret and intense distaste for kids' pizza places, so this was a big step for me. Yuck.)
  • spending four days at a Christian educators' retreat
  • laughing hysterically and learning lots at said retreat
  • coming home to another case of strep for son #2
  • scheduling a last-minute trip to see our beloved Dr. Mike
  • facing a week without my summer intern who had the nerve to look forward to going to camp with 5th graders (Some people are really sick!)
I'm not really complaining. Really. I loved every minute of it -- minus the strep part. I love the VBS kids, the ladies at my retreat, Dr. Mike, and even the 5th graders. I just wish these big events were spaced out a bit more for better recovery time.

Then, again, who else has questioned -- and requested improvement on -- God's timing? Oh, yeah, you, too? I thought so.

As you ponder the deep and confusing theology surrounding our need to accept God's timing, please enjoy this picture of son #1 enjoying summer break, playing the Wii and getting a Shiatsu back massage. It's a great set-up, one he came up with all by himself.

And forgive me if I am quiet for a few days while I recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment